Words of the Hellbound


Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

Stupid animals gotta taste so good.

OK, so after much thought and continual reminders I've decided that I can no longer justify a meat diet. So yesterday I decided I was going to make the transition to vegetarian. I haven't done very well so far, some guy gave me a silverside sandwich, I hadn't eaten all day and I was starving and the guy was just going to throw it out so I figured that was OK. Also I made up a feed of veg tempura last night, and I had a big bag of frozen muscles in the freezer and I figured, well there's no point in throwing them out so I cooked them up, and they were good.

But today is the first time that I'm actually turning down meat, and worst of all it's free meet, the best kind of meat. My work is doing a BBQ. I would really love a hot dog right now and I know that it's already dead so it's probably not going to do any harm, but I figure that if I'm going to make it as a dirty no good vego, I have to stop thinking of meat as food altogether. There's a couple of documentaries that I heard about that discuss responsible meat and fish eating that I would be very interested in, because I don't actually have any problem with the simple act of killing animals for food, (I'm on my lunch break at work so I don't really have time to go into my whole position on the matter, I'll write about that later) but until I can be sure that certain necessary minimum requirements are met, I just plain can't justify it.

Don't worry I'm not planning on turning into some sanctimonious dick about it. I had to come to the decision through reason and inquiry and I don't expect anyone else to change their mind just because I'm jumping up and down about it. So anyway, feel bad for me because someone just sat down next to me with a big sausy delicious hot dog and I want one! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment